Tuesday, May 26, 2009

6 Month Doctor's Appointment

Samantha turned 6 months old last week, and had her regular check-up with the doctor today. As you can see, she did have to get shots (one in each leg), so the nurse put some sparkling bandaids on to help make her feel better. She only cried a little bit and once Mommy held her, she stopped.
She now weighs 14 lbs. and 1 oz. -- that means that she has more than doubled her birth weight! And, more surprisingly, she is 27 inches long (she was 20 inches at birth). That puts her in the 90th percentile for length -- I'm still in shock over that part because, as you all know, her parents are not very tall ... Maybe it has something to do with the fact that she never stops kicking; her legs are CONSTANTLY in motion! In fact, I struggled to get this quick snapshot of her ...
The doctor said that she is doing very well and looks so happy and healthy. We will go back to the doctor in late August for her 9 month check-up. How fast the time flies!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Monique!
    This is the only way I know to get ahold of you! Do you want to come look at any of my girl clothes I have? Don't know if you would be interested in coming over this week...we're having a garage sale next weekend, so I'm going to try ot sell some of it! Just email me at kmcoggins@sbcglobal.net and let me know!!!

    ReplyDelete

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...