Tuesday, November 24, 2009

1 Year Check-Up

Today was Samantha's 1 Year Doctor's Appointment. She now weighs 18 lbs. 9 oz. and measures 30 inches in length. She can officially begin having cow's milk (organic of course), so I have started weaning her. The weaning is going all right ... Last night she just wanted to cuddle close with me (which is rare since she is not a "cuddler") instead of going down for bed. It melted my heart to just hold her near and watch as her tired eyelids drifted shut. I guess that if I can't nurse her, this is the next best thing.

She got four shots today (2 in each leg) and that was definitely difficult. She cried so hard and then started hyperventilating. It didn't help that Mommy was the one holding her arms down instead of cuddling her but it was the best plan at the time in order to make the administration of the shots as quick as possible. No more shots for three months!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...