Saturday, March 2, 2024

Sophia's 13th Birthday - A Disco Ball Theme

I knew that I wanted to do something sparkly for Sophia's 13th birthday and suggested a "disco theme" early in our planning stage.  While she did not want an actual disco dance complete with lights and music, we both agreed that the sparkles with silver, black and hot pink would be a great place to start, and then we could integrate a few other special items.

Of great importance was a balloon arch.  I have to say, we are getting pretty good at these now and I love how it turned out.



A true labor of love was the homemade disco ball pinata that I made.  It was layer upon layer of newspaper mache, which I then spray-painted silver and personally glued all of the sparkles on it.  The sparkles were actually punched-out circles from silver notecards that I found on clearance at Walmart.  I filled it with ALL KINDS of goodies and then sealed it up (more paper mache!) and used a coat hanger for extra support inside when hanging it.



Disco Cowboys!  We found these at the store and knew that they would be absolutely perfect for denoting everyone's special glass at the table.  (Everyone took their cowboy home after the party as as a souvenir.



All set up at the table and just waiting for her friends to arrive to celebrate.



I made virgin margaritas for everyone, using special glasses, and there was a lip gloss placed there before the party as another favor.



Sophia's Disco Cowboy was named, "Peace."



Ready to party!



Steve and the boys had other plans so I was on my own to make sure that the pinata was secured in the garage.



It definitely lasted longer than I thought and the girls ended up with TONS of items from the disco ball when it eventually broke.



Lots of silver sparkled adorned the floor afterwards, but it was worth it to see the girls having so much fun with it!



Afterwards, I planned another fun game for the guests.  The girls love playing BINGO, but I added a little extra twist to it.  Whoever won each game got to go to this homemade board and punch out one of the cups to reveal their prize.  



Everyone was allowed to win three games so they ended up with various gift cards and/or some cash.  This is such a big hit with teenagers!  In the end, they were allowed to switch with someone if they liked another prize better ...



All prizes were claimed!



We ended the evening -- before the sleepover began -- with 'brookies' and ice cream while singing 'happy birthday' to our newly minted TEENAGER!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mid-Month Randoms: Focus on Sophia and James

I went through my camera roll and decided to do a "Mid-Month Randoms" post with some of the pictures that were on the reel, and th...