Friday, November 13, 2009

I Would Like You To Meet ...


Sophie. She is our new cat and she has been our cat for a little while now. At the time that we said goodbye to our dear, beloved Fuzz, Sophie was in need of a home and place where she could feel secure and loved. I was in need of a new, furry feline; not one that would take the place of Fuzz, but one that I could learn to love. We made arrangements with my sister and the temporary owner of Sophie and I acquired her 4 days after we lost Fuzz.

Sophie belonged to an elderly lady and was used to being an only cat in a very quiet home. When the elderly lady passed away a couple of months ago, Sophie went to live with the lady's daughter and her 3 cats. It was a difficult transition for Sophie and the other cats showed their dominance in the home. The lady's daughter knew that Sophie was miserable and asked if my sister could find her a better, more suitable home. That was when I entered the picture.

I haven't posted any pictures of her until now for a couple of reasons. The first reason is that we agreed (more like I talked Steve into agreeing) to take Sophie for a "trial period." We wanted to be sure that she wasn't sick, and didn't have a clawing problem and didn't make too many messes in the house. Fortunately, none of these happened.
But the other reason is this: Sophie has been adjusting to our family for a while. She continues to spend the majority of her time under our bed, but she now comes out when I call her and she allows us to pet her and brush her (um, she is VERY furry) and she loves to brush up against my leg. Until recently, I haven't been able to get any pictures of our little aloof friend, but we have certainly bonded now and we are keeping her! I have a new cat to love now ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...