Tuesday, February 2, 2010

First Steps

I mentioned in yesterday's post that Samantha was getting very close to taking her first steps. A few hours after I posted that, Sam officially took her first steps into the kitchen. She has taken a tiny step, here and there, but no more than one or two. Yesterday, she surprised me by taking three of them to come into the kitchen and then another couple after that.

I called Daddy at work and he was a little disappointed because he wasn't there when it happened, but I assured him that I would try and record it and he would definitely be able to see her in action when he came home.

She doesn't take steps too much on her own right now; we have to encourage her to do that. She'll take a step or two if she can't quite reach the next closest piece of furniture to hold onto though. Once she gets into the swing of it, I have a sneaking suspicion she will be a fast mover and difficult to catch.

** As a side note, Sam now has 2 more molars coming in on the top. That makes a grand total of 5 teeth (4 of which are molars) poking through in the last two weeks. Needless to say, she hasn't been a happy camper these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...