Sunday, March 14, 2010

It's Been a While ...

Things have been very busy around here lately, but it's a good kind of busy. Steve and I left for Florida last Sunday while Sam stayed at our house with my mom. This was a small trip that we planned several months ago so that we could go and watch the Detroit Tigers during their Spring Training in Lakeland. We were able to get tickets in January for 2 games and planned our flights around those games. All in all, we were gone for 5 days ... This was the first time that I have ever been away from Samantha and it was definitely very hard for me. But, she had so much fun with my mom and I called home regularly to check on them.

The weather was very nice (about 75 degrees) and the games were incredible. We also went to the Florida Aquarium and took a boat ride out to see some dolphins. I promise to post some pictures in the next couple of days; Steve has the camera at work, otherwise I would have posted them here right now.

While we were in Florida, my aunt passed away from leukemia. She was my dad's sister and was diagnosed less than a year ago. She was a strong person and fought this tremendous battle with such determination, but the cancer was too strong and never went into remission. We attended her funeral yesterday in West Branch and were so happy to see such a large outpouring of so many friends and family there. She will be greatly missed by all of us, but we feel secure knowing that she is no longer in pain ...

The week before we left for Florida, we officially put our house on the market. We are determined to move out this year and find a place that has a little land and is much bigger in size for us. We were surprised to have a couple of requests to see the house after only being on the market for 2 days! We are very hopeful to have a sale soon and now are in the midst of searching for a new house for us.

The following are a few pictures of Sam after I had cleaned the house to prepare for our showings. I made sure that the house was in impeccable order, which meant that all of Sam's toys and books were tucked away in secret hiding places. Samantha managed to find all of them afterwards.



Checking under the couch for hidden books and puzzles


I took her platic letters off the fridge/dishwasher and she found them


Carrying around her bag of previously-hidden letters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...