Thursday, July 22, 2010

Just Because ...

I thought that you might need a little "eye candy" to start your day ...

Samantha turned 20 months old on Monday. She continues to amaze me every day with her independence and her ability to learn and retain information. She is trying to say more words now (which is something that I have been working on extensively with her). She knows every object and every person by name, but chooses not to say too many words yet. We noticed this week that she has started to say, "sing," "hat" and "hot". She also loves going around the house calling for me ("Mama, Mama???") and calling for her daddy ("Da-da, Da-da???").

A funny thing that happened yesterday: I was in the pantry getting a snack for her (and of course, she was right there on my heels) when my phone started to ring in the kitchen. She looked up at me, pointed toward my phone and said, "Da-da!" I laughed and asked her if she thought that that was Daddy calling. Sure enough, it was. Steve and I both chuckled over that one ...

1 comment:

  1. Do you have a phone where the picture of whomever is calling shows up when they call? On our phone, when I call my mom and dad at their house, my dad's picture shows up...so it really confuses Bradlee when he sees a picture of Boppa, and Gramma is the one talking to him on the other end!

    ReplyDelete

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...