Friday, July 2, 2010

Success!

One week ago, we officially put Samantha in her "Big Girl Bed." Earlier, I mentioned that she had not even attempted to climb out of her crib, but that we thought that it was time to transition to a bed anyway. I want to re-do her room and this would be the first step.

I am chuckling now because that very same day that I typed that, she climbed out of the crib after her nap and surprised me by attempting to open her bedroom door at the same time that I was ...

So that night, we put the bar on one side of the bed and then pushed the other side up against the wall. We put some her favorite "friends" in there with her and she slept through the entire night ... and from then on, she has continued to take all of her naps in there as well. The crib has been dismantled and put away (which filled me with some sadness), and my little girl has become a big girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...