Thursday, August 12, 2010

Slimey

From the time that Samantha was very little, she was always fascinated with Sesame Street and all of the characters on the show (hence the reason for a Big Bird 1st birthday party last year). One of the characters that she is particularly fond of lately is Slimey, Oscar's pet worm.

When we were at the store the other day, I discovered these clay worms that are meant to go in pots in order to gauge the water content of the soil. I showed Samantha and she just started giggling, right there in the aisle. So, I put "Slimey" in our cart and continued through the store. When I got to the check-out I discovered that someone managed to sneak another worm into the cart. Not a big deal -- I just purchased two of them.

When Sam got up from her nap later that afternoon, I had her come and see both Slimeys in their respective pots. Wow ... she was so excited. Below is a picture of her trying to feed Slimey one of her snacks:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...