Sunday, October 31, 2010

Carving Pumpkins

Last night, we carved our pumpkins, and Samantha had the best time helping us clean out the insides ... saving the seeds so that we could roast them after she went to bed. We carved three pumpkins, one for each of us and before we were all done, Samantha definitely needed a wardrobe change!

Steve's pumpkin is a simple design with a skull coming out of it. It looks so scary when we put a light inside of it and the skull is completely illuminated. Samantha's pumpkin is a traditional face and mine is a kitty cat. I did a similar pumpkin for Halloween when I was pregnant with Samantha, so I guess that I decided to carry on the tradition. Hopefully I will be able to take some pictures of the illuminated pumpkins tonight after trick-or-treating.

This was Mommy's pumpkin



Touching the gooey seeds for the first time


Helping Mommy with her pumpkin


Such a good helper


Cleaning out her own pumpkin


"Am I doing a good job, Mommy?"


The finished products (after a quick wardrobe change)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...