Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Great Syrup Incident of 2010

Yesterday, while I was preparing breakfast, Samantha went into the pantry ... and unbeknownst to me, got out the maple syrup. She then proceeded to take the syrup into the back living room (adjacent to the kitchen) and pour half of the bottle all over the wooden rocking chair and rug that it was sitting on. I caught her in mid-act, otherwise it could have been the whole bottle. Wow -- what a mess! I was able to clean the rocking chair and floor (after three separate washings) and the rug came clean after a nice, hot bath in the washing machine. All in all, it could have been worse ...

Today, my little helper decided to unload the clean silverware from the dishwasher (one of her favorite jobs), and then group it all together on the kitchen floor. It kind of defeated the purpose of washing it in the first place. Oh, well. I guess it just keeps me on my toes, trying to be two steps ahead of her at all times!


"Aren't I a good helper, Mommy?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...