Sunday, January 30, 2011

Baby Bath Time!



As each day goes by, I become more and more encouraged about the transition of our new little one into our family. By no means am I disillusioned to think that there will not be any adjustments that will need to be made -- there will be. But I feel that so many of the fears that I had in the beginning about Samantha feeling left out or the idea that she now had to share her mom are subsiding.

Her interest and understanding about babies is growing tremendously these days. She knows where the baby's room is and that the baby is going to sleep in a crib. She's very familiar with the baby's bouncy seat and I often find a baby doll , a stuffed animal or even Buzz Lightyear in there. Today, she found the baby's bathtub (stored in the linen closet in the bathroom upstairs) and brought it down, with her baby doll, so that the baby could take a bath. I just chuckle over how much she really does grasp in her environment; she doesn't seem to miss a beat.

I can't wait to see the look on her face when she meets her new little brother or sister for the first time. I hope that she is just as excited as her mommy and daddy will be ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...