Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Making a List ... And Checking it Twice ...

On Sunday night, I was filled with contentment. Things are coming together nicely as we are preparing for the birthday of our new little one. We have five weeks (or less) to go until we get to meet this precious baby that has filled my heart with so much joy already. Samantha joined our family a couple of weeks earlier than we had planned and I want to be ready if this baby decides to also make his/her debut sooner than planned.

I checked two more things off "my list" this weekend -- and they were biggies. The baby's room got painted on Saturday and the crib (complete with bedding) was set-up on Sunday. I still have a few more things to do in that room yet, but I feel better knowing that those things are done.


Samantha wanted to be part of the action


... and she was definitely a good helper!
I have good news: At my appointment last week, I found out that the baby had officially flipped and is now "head-down." This is obviously good because it will make birthing a lot easier, but it has also improved my ability to sleep at night (well, kind of). At my appointment next week, we will likely plan an ultrasound for the following appointment to try to gauge a little better what position the baby is in and an approximate size. Plus, we will get another little sneak-peak at our developing little one (not the gender, just the features)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...