Friday, June 10, 2011

A little of this ... and a little of that ...

Things have been busy around here lately, which is probably why I haven't found a lot of time to blog. With Steve out of the country this week and me back to teaching a couple of times a week for the summer semester, we are going through a little adjustment period. Nonetheless, I do have a few pictures to share.

My mom came to stay for a few days so that she could watch the girls for me on the nights that I teach. She brought a little gift for each one of the girls, and Samantha immediately set to work opening them. I love this picture because it looks like the two of them are communicating with one another:



The warmer weather earlier this week brought with it the opportunity to go outside and water the plants ... in a bathing suit! Sam is so excited about her bathing suits this year because she DOESN'T HAVE TO WEAR A DIAPER UNDER THEM! This was a really important concept to her when she was potty training.


Sophia is enjoying the warmer weather as well. With my mom's help this week, I now have all of Sophia's summer clothes hung up in her closet or put away in her dresser drawers. It was a bigger job and I originally anticipated I sure am thankful for my mom's help.


Finally, with all of this beautiful weather, we have an update on Samantha's two tomato plants. They are growing so tall that I already had to put tomato cages around them. In no time at all, they will be producing fruit -- and Sam can hardly wait.



(I am hoping that I will be able to post some pictures from Sophia's baptism sometime next week. Steve took the camera with him to Mexico before I had a chance to download the pictures off of it).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...