Sunday, July 3, 2011

Geography Girl

About 10 days ago, I was at the store and decided to buy Samantha a puzzle of the United States. She is such a "sponge" these days and I thought that it would be a good time to start teaching her where we live and some of the other "easier" states. I had NO IDEA how much fun she would have with this, nor did I expect that she would learn them as fast as she did.

This was taken on the day that we got the puzzle. Notice that she is already taking a real interest in it.



After a couple of days, she started doing it faster (and showing Sophia).


I am proud to report that she now knows about 20 states and we are working on the others. She also knows all of her color words (she reads them on flashcards) and reads some opposite words (up, down, on, off, stop, go, hot, cold). All of this is really fun for her and I am so pleased that she wants to learn. She's going to be ready for school in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...