Sunday, July 10, 2011

Happy Birthday, Papa!

My dad's birthday is on Friday this week. Steve is leaving the country (AGAIN), so we decided to have a little impromtu dinner at our house with my parents. Sam was insistent that we needed to have a "happy birthday to Papa cake," so we set to work making an apple cake for him (a chocolate cake made in the shape of an apple). This was appropriate since he IS an apple grower!


Sam waited anxiously by the window for my parents to arrive. I couldn't resist taking a quick picture because I remember that she did the same thing LAST YEAR on the day of my dad's party. I found that picture and put it together with the one from the other day. My, has she grown!



And here's a picture of the girls together while we were waiting:



After dinner, Sam could hardly wait to put the candles in the cake and sing happy birthday. This is one of her favorite things lately; she goes around the house randomly singing happy birthday! Sophia, on the other hand, wasn't too thrilled about this part:


We had a great time, as usual. I love that we now live much closer to my parents (30 minutes, instead of an hour), and am glad that they are able to come an visit whenever they want ... Happy birthday, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...