Tuesday, August 30, 2011

S-s-s-s-nake!

I hate snakes. With a passion. While I know that the ones that we have around here are perfectly harmless, the mere sight of one slithering along just sends shivers down my spine and invokes several sleepless nights filled with nightmares of them. My phobia is bad.

I don't want to pass this fear (or complete hatred) of snakes onto Samantha. I would rather that she form her own likes and dislikes. So, I am trying to be brave whenever I see one which is happening a lot more than I would prefer lately. So, when Steve and Sam came running up to the front door to show me what they found when they were mowing the other evening, I calmly retrieved the camera and took a few pictures. Deep inside I was hyperventilating, but I put on a brave face for Sam.




Getting a closer look:



I think that she likes them ... (shudder)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...