Saturday, September 24, 2011

Barbershop Beauty

Last night, I found Samantha in my bathroom with all of her hair accessories spread out. Apparently she was going to style her My Little Pony's hair, because I caught her in mid-act, just as she was ready to apply some hairspray and mousse. I said a few little "thank-you's" in my head, grateful that I intercepted her before the sticky mess actually took place. Then, I made a mistake; I left her alone in there to put everything away and I took Sophia with me to get her ready for her bath.

As I was undressing Sophia in the kitchen, I heard the water running in my bathroom. That is never a good sign when you have a toddler in the house. Yup, there she was, standing on an open drawer, washing her hands in my sink. When I asked her what she was doing, she replied, "I so washing my hands, Momma." Ok ... I followed that up with, "WHY are you washing your hands, Samantha?"

She said that she had "blue stuff" all over hands and needed to clean them. It turns out that the "blue stuff" was shampoo, taken out of an overnight bag that I had in my closet. And she used the shampoo to 'clean' her My Little Pony's hair. Great ...

Here is the little Barbershop Beauty -- you will notice the "blue stuff" in her pony's hair. And the shower cap, well, apparently you need to wear that when you are working hard to wash and style hair.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...