Saturday, October 29, 2011

Fingernail Polish

We had a "first" in our household today ... Samantha got to have her fingernails painted for the first time -- ever.

Now this may surprise you because it is a known fact that I have been painting her toenails for a long time now. In fact, this picture was taken the very first time that I did that. She was 8 months old at the time.



But, there has been a long delay in the fingernail painting ... for one reason only; Sam is a thumb-sucker. She only does it when she is falling asleep with her special blanket and she knows that we don't approve. We have talked to her about it at great length and she understands that she can't do that anymore. In fact, she shows everyone her thumb and tells them that it is "damaged." (That is my fault because one day I told her that I couldn't trim her thumbnail when I was I was trimming her other 9 nails because it is damaged and the nail isn't growing like the others. Apparently she remembers me using that word, and now she tells everyone that. Probably not one of my best "mom moments.")

Well, today was the day that she decided that she was ready to have her fingernails painted -- all of them, even the damaged thumbnail (which really isn't all that damaged, by the way). She chose green nail polish in honor of the Michigan State game today.



Hopefully this will do the trick and she will remember the importance of not sucking her thumb!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...