Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sisterly Love

I've mentioned this before, but I can't seem to say it enough: I am reminded on a daily basis around here just how much my two girls love one another.

I'm pretty sure that the unspoken bond between them formed the second that Samantha laid her eyes on her sister at the hospital. She still talks about that day in clear detail -- how Daddy took her to the hospital to see Mommy and Sophia. And how little Sophia was. She remembers getting to hold her in Mommy's bed, and how there was a pink frog in the room (that was from Grandma and Grandpa). That day was my birthday, and it was the best birthday present EVER ... watching my girls meet each other for the first time.





I get to see a lot of this now:


They play together on the floor. Sophia always wants to be in the middle of all of the action, and Sam is pretty good about including her, while making sure that Sophia (a.k.a. "Swiper") doesn't get her hands on anything that is too small and/or dangerous.


Sam also helps give her sister snacks. Sophia lets you know that she wants to have "snack time" too, so in between bites of Sam's snack, she feeds her sister some little puffs.


Posing for Momma:



And isn't Samantha looking so grown up lately? She wanted to have her hair pulled back in a ponytail that day. The truth is that it is a challenge right now to get all of her curls pulled back, but we made an attempt because she asked so nicely ... And it made her so happy!

1 comment:

  1. Both the girls are darling, and Sam looks especially grown-up in a pony-tail!

    ReplyDelete

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...