Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy Snow Day

The other morning, we woke up to about 4 inches of new snow on the ground. It's been a while since we have had any snow, and Samantha has been dying to be able to go outside and "build a Frosty." While we were waiting for the temperature outside to warm up a little, we baked a cake (any excuse to bake a cake is fine by me!).

After we frosted it, Sam said to me, "Whose birthday is it, Momma?" I told her that it wasn't anyone's birthday, but we baked a cake to celebrate our big snow day. Boy was she excited about that!


The next day, we celebrated the snow day in full spirit with Frosty plates, napkins and candles. We even sang "Happy Snow Day to Frosty ..."

Here is Sam, leading us in song:



And then blowing out the three candles, because she is three (which she reminds me of quite often!):


******************************************

And, an update on Sophia:




I took her to the doctor today for a quick weight-check, just to make sure that she is continuing to gain weight. I was sure that she had put on some ounces in the last month, and was so happy to learn that she had gained 9 whole ounces -- more than a 1/2 lb. in the last month. That's good for how active she is!

I will take her back to the doctor at the end of February for her 1 year old check-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...