Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Snowflakes

For the last few days, Sophia has been very "needy," more so than usual. I'm not sure why she's been like this, but as a momma, my first instinct is to nurture her; to cuddle her more; to devote a little more time to her.

As a result, my time with Samantha has been shortened a little. I thought that I was doing a decent job of juggling both needs, but apparently it hasn't quite been good enough because now Sam is demanding more of my attention. And just mine.

I laid in bed last night pondering all of this. I was trying to justify why the girls are less independent this week, and why there is so much "mommy dependence." But more importantly, I was making a mental list of some things that Sam and I could do together -- just the two of us -- so that she feels just as special as Sophia right now.

Item #1: Make coffee filter snowflakes.

It's been a weird winter around here this year. We've had a few snowstorms with minimal snow accumulations and that's it. Frosty officially toppled over yesterday and began to melt with the higher than normal temperatures, so I figured that we could make winter come alive INSIDE, with our very own well-decorated coffee filter snowflakes. Sam loved it!




And the best part, we worked on them early this morning (just the two of us), while Sophia was still sleeping.



And then Sophia woke up to this:


(Nevermind how dirty the back deck is right now ... That will be a big project to accomplish when Spring gets here)


Eight inexpensive, beautiful snowflakes to adorn our back family room and one very happy, fulfilled little girl. So worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...