Thursday, March 29, 2012

Last July (eight months ago), I conducted an interview with Samantha, asking her what some of her favorite things were. I wrote down exactly what she said because I wanted to do the interview again ... later down the road ... and see how her answers have changed with time.

(Her cowgirl hat is a staple in her wardrobe)

Here is the following interview conducted this week (the interview from eight months ago follows, if you would like to compare them):

March 2012

What is your name: Sam (she knows what her full name is, but prefers to just use "Sam" if anyone asks)

How old are you: I'm still three

Who is your best friend: Probably Autumn and Ella (two girls that live across the street; they are older than her, but she considers them her friends)

What is your favorite color: Green, and your favorite color is green too! (that has never changed, and I was right 8 months ago when I wrote that "it probably always will be")

What is your favorite animal: Horses (I thought that she would choose monkeys)

What is your favorite movie: Ice Age, and I don't like the ice melting (Hmmm ... I wasn't sure which movie she would choose, but that was her first choice without any hesitation)

What is your favorite book: A Porcupine Named Fluffy (She has a lot of favorites; this one was just fresh in her mind because it was a new book from the library)

What is your favorite song: Twinkle Little Star (that hasn't changed)

What is your favorite toy: My horse stable and my animals that go in it (we have a whole menagerie of animals that she plays with and it is definitely one of her favorites these days)

What is your favorite food: grapes and grilled cheese (quite the combination!)

What makes you happy: You! (Awwww ... she made me smile there)

What makes you sad: When Sophia knocks my tower down (sometimes she does work really hard to build a nice tower, and you never know when "Swiper," a.k.a. Sophia, is going to round the corner and find it!)


I plan to keep conducting this interview for the next couple of years, and of course, Sophia will get a chance to participate in her own interviews. I just think that it is so interesting how things change with little kids on a day-to-day basis. Too fun!!

********************

July 2011

What is your name: Samantha La"pink"ski (she used to always skip the "la" at the front of our last name; now she says that and adds an extra "k" in the middle)

How old are you: Two and half

Who is your best friend: Kiera and Syndey, Jennifer is Momma's best friend (She is right -- Jennifer is my best friend from grade school and her two girls are Kiera and Sydney)

What is your favorite color: Green (always has been and probably always will be)

What is your favorite animal: Zebra (I didn't know this)

What is your favorite movie: Big Bird's Bedtime (This was her answer without any hesitation. We haven't watched this movie in a LONG time, but it was always her favorite when she was a baby).

What is your favorite book: Duck Soup (yeah, we read that one A LOT)

What is your favorite song: Twinkle Little Star (and then she broke into song ...)

What is your favorite toy: My toy box (that encompasses a lot of toys, I guess)

What is your favorite food: blueberries (she does love them, but I was surprised that that was her one choice)

What makes you happy: Watson (one of our cats)

What makes you sad: Daddy go to work

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...