Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Midweek Randoms

I have to say that we've been pretty fortunate that Sophia doesn't really get into too many cupboards or drawers in our house.  I think that the biggest reason for that is that Samantha and I keep her pretty occupied.  Plus, she has a decent amount of room to roam in this house and therefore does not get bored as easily. 

Last week, I did catch her doing this, though:



She entertained herself by opening the door and putting her milk sippee in there.




And then she moved onto a completely harmless drawer.




Followed by a quick spin around the family room on her car (backwards, because she still isn't sure how to go forward on it yet).


********************

We had a picnic outside for lunch last week.  I think that it is quite possibly one of Samantha's most favorite things to do.  It almost doesn't even matter WHAT we are having for the meal; I just need to spread a blanket out and call it a picnic and she is thrilled.


Having a juice box just only adds to her excitement:




And Pringles are a close second:



Sophia is content with graham crackers:



Within minutes, Sam has her shoes and socks off so that she can enjoy the rays of sunshine:




********************

We've also spent a lot of time outside blowing bubbles.  Sophia "tries" -- oh, how she tries! 



Often, she will just give up and try something else, like reading a book:




Or she'll climb on her four-wheeler and take off -- pausing to see if anyone is watching:




********************

Grandpa Lapinski picked up some Lincoln Logs at a garage sale last weekend, and they have been Sam's favorite thing to play with lately ... if Daddy helps her.  I think that I have witnessed the construction of a house, barn, garage and even an outhouse now!







********************

Sophia LOVES this piggy bank.  It was Sam's when she was little and it sings while you put the coins in it.  Occasionally, Sophia will have a small meltdown when the coin won't go in the slot, but she sure works hard to get it in there.






My girls (note the casual pose that Sophia took):




********************

This scene just tickles me to death!  Both girls standing at the kitchen set, hard at work preparing something for me on Mother's Day:




********************

Sophia wants to do EVERYTHING that Sam does. 

She puts on her bracelets:



She even takes her headbands and puts them on her own head -- by herself.  What can I say, my girl knows how to wear a headband!!



********************

We made cookies to take to my mom for Mother's Day, along with her other gifts and cards.  I made the flower-shaped cookies while Sam was napping.  And then, with the left-over dough, I surprised Sam by making some dinosaur cookies.  She got to decorate them when she got up from her nap.

She takes her job very seriously:



Her "assistant" in the background serves as the taste-tester, obviously:




We love sprinkles!



Yeah, the "assistant" takes her role just as seriously:




********************

Last night, Sam took her sister for a ride in the jeep.  Sophia was strapped in (don't worry!).  They both had a blast!






********************

Steve did a science experiment with Samantha last night, and I am happy to say that we might have a future scientist on our hands!  That makes this Momma (and chemist) so thrilled, to say the least!

Pouring vinegar on baking soda:




Watching the chemical reaction take place:



Getting her hands dirty:



********************

And finally, I just never seem to get tired of taking pictures of either of my girls taking time to smell the flowers:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...