Monday, August 13, 2012

Family Bridal Shower

My cousin, Sean, is getting married this Fall, so the girls and I attended the family bridal shower this last weekend for his fiancee, Christina.  It was all that Samantha could talk about -- the gift, who was going to be there, etc.

On the morning of the event, we were eating breakfast as Sam informed Steve that we were going to Christina's shower that day.  She very seriously told him that he couldn't go because "it was only for girls."  Then she told him that we were going to the shower "because Christina fell in love ..."  Neither one of us could keep a straight face.

As I was getting the girls dressed, Steve secretly asked me if I had a necklace in my jewelry box that Samantha could wear to the party.  I found one that would be perfect for her.  (To this day, she is convinced that Daddy gave it to her as something special that she could wear.  That's fine with me).




Sophia loves to smile for the camera:



My girls and me:



The best picture that I could get of the girls:



Both of the girls joined in with Christina to help with the opening of the girfts.  It was so thoughful of Christina to let them do that -- it really made Sam's day.



Sophia and Aunt Minnie:



Both of the girls were so well-behaved and on their best behavior for the shower.  I think that they both had so much fun seeing all of the familiar faces and going from one person to another.  They both fell asleep on the way home -- exhausted from all of the excitement.

Later, when I asked Sam what she thought everyone loved so much about her at the shower, she didn't hesitate with her answer.  She said, "Momma everyone loved my hair and my necklace."  It's true.  She gets so many compliments on her hair -- and the compliments on her necklace were an extra bonus since she spent a great deal of time showing everyone her "special necklace from Daddy."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...