Sunday, February 3, 2013

An Early Valentine's Day Celebration

We do holidays up pretty big in our house.  We decorate, we make fun, festive projects and we usually have some small gifts.  I tell myself that I am doing this for the kids so that they will have tons of memories, but the truth is that I did a lot of this before I even had children. 

I know that the holidays have become even more special now that Samantha is at least old enough to understand and appreciate the significance of them.  However, I have to admit that I wasn't quite prepared for her question that she asked me when she came home from school on Friday.  As if it were a perfectly natural thing, she asked me, "Momma, what are doing to celebrate Groundhog's Day?"

I've never celebrated THAT holiday before...

While we didn't do anything of great significance for Groundhog's Day yesterday, we DID have our first Valentine's Day celebration earlier this week.  My mom came to town and brought the girls their gifts a little early.  I am excited about that because, included in their gifts, each girl received a cute Valentine's Day outfit (and they have managed to wear them quite obsessively since then -- they were a big hit!).

Starting with their respective presents:




Sophia has gotten so skilled at opening gifts, just since Christmas:



Each of the girls received some new books:



And their matching Valentine's Day outfits:



There was absolutely no doubt that Sophia was very excited about her new dress:



In honor of the early celebration, we also made some cookies:



********************

The girls were so anxious to try on their new outfits, that we decided to do a little photo shoot.  As usual, I can't really decided which one of the photos is my favorite!










Sitting pretty:



We're still working with Samantha to do a more natural smile!



And their reward for having such a good photo session?  Fruit snacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...