Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Samantha's First Visit to the Dentist

Last week, after Samantha's Valentine's Day party at school, her and I headed to the dentist for a teeth cleaning.  This was Samantha's first visit to the dentist and she was really nervous about it.  For that reason, I was sure to go first (allowing Sam to watch) and the hygenist carefully explained everything to Samantha.  By the time it was her turn, she was excited about it!



Showing Samantha how to use the suction (her own personal job):



Counting her teeth; she has all 20 of them:



She was doing a great job!



Sam asked for a mirror afterwards so that she could see how "shiny" her teeth were:



At the end, Samantha got to meet our dentist, Dr. Watts.  She was wearing sunglasses to protect her eyes from the bright light!  Dr. Watts said that her teeth look great -- no cavities.  We will return together in 6 months for our next cleaning and Sam is actually looking forward to it!



Of course, one of the highlights of the appointment was that Samantha got to choose a special prize out of the treasure box!

3 comments:

  1. That is just too cute. I love the dress and the smile. I remember when it was my daughter's time to go to the dentist for the first time. We decided to really make an adventure out of it so we had her dress up in her toughest outfit. She came out in pink cowboy boots and a bee costume.

    Joanna @ Westheimer Dentist

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brave girl Samantha is, she looks so cute in her little red dress. I bought my girl's some new dresses the other week and my husband loved them! We try to have a good fashion sense when it comes t our children. These pictures really show she had a great time and the dentist was very very gentle.

    Karen Perry @ Brook Side Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for blogging about Samantha's first visit. My wife and I are taking my daughter to the dentist soon so we have been reading about other family's first visit and this really let us know what to expect. We hope our little one doesn't freak out on us but we will see.

    Quinn Kimbrough @ Top Temecula Dentist

    ReplyDelete

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...