Tuesday, March 19, 2013

St. Patrick's Day - 2013

The girls and I spent the holiday together while Steve was off doing his annual celebrating with his friend, Eric.  Before Steve left though, we took a quick family photo of everyone sporting their green ensambles for the day.


(Quite often, we run into complete strangers that will immediately comment on how Samantha is the spitting image of me -- and they are right: she is my little twin.  More and more, Sophia is looking like Steve.  While she has my nose, the shape of her face and her coloring is just like her daddy).

For something special, I took the girls to McDonalds for lunch so that they could get a shamrock shake.  Sophia loved hers of course, but Sam wasn't really feeling like herself right then and simply declined on the shake.  Regardless, they were perfect angels and the group of elderly ladies that we sat next to were absolutely fascinated with my "cute" and well-behaved" little girls.  I smiled with pride.




Yup, this little one is definitely not camera-shy.



Once we got back home from lunch, I promised the girls that we would make a special cake in honor of the holiday.  It was a green key-lime cake with green key-lime frosting.  It was ... divine.




After their naps, we frosted the cake.  And like a good mother, I let the girls finish up the little bit of remaining frosting.  After all, it was a holiday!



Then, we dressed up the cake a little ...



The girls each enjoyed a piece of the heavenly cake after their dinner.  It was definitely a big hit. 

Finally, we concluded our fun-filled day with manicures after their baths.  Each girl got to choose her own nail polish color (I thought that they would choose green, but I was wrong).  Sam chose yellow and Sophia chose "pink," or what she kept referring to as pink.  It was really more of a reddish-orange color, but we're not going to split hairs over it.  After all, she is just learning her colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...