Friday, May 24, 2013

A Visit Out To The Orchard

Every Tuesday, I head to the orchard to do my weekly accounting work.  This is a task that I took on almost two years ago, and I am grateful that I am able to do most of it from home.  The one morning a week that I spend at the orchard allows me to deliver payroll envelopes and to tie up any loose ends there.  Sometimes the girls go with me to the orchard, and other times, I drop them off at my parents' house and they spend the morning with Grammy.

A couple of weeks ago, the girls were eager to go to the orchard because there were new baby pigs that had just been born and they couldn't wait to see them and hold them.  It was a rainy morning, but we made the most of it ...

Samantha exhibited absolutely no fear -- she went right in one of the stalls so that she could get an "up-close" view of the piglets:



Sophia preferred to stay closer to Papa (up off the ground and away from the LARGE momma sow):



The piglets were quite fast, so Uncle Jake caught one and then Sam was able to hold it on her own:



 Looking at some of the older pigs:



********************

While we were at the orchard, the apple trees were in full bloom -- this is always such a pretty time of the year there.  The girls couldn't resist picking a few apple blossoms ...



My sister girls:



Samantha is growing up so fast ...



And Sophia is too ...  In fact, Sophia always seemed so "small" to us, measuring in the 40th percentile on both weight and height.  But now that Jack is here, she seems so BIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...