Friday, May 31, 2013

Jack's First Sponge Bath

We have been giving Jack a sponge bath every morning now since he came home from the hospital.  The girls LOVE to help me get all of the supplies and then take turns washing his little body.  I love the smell of a freshly bathed newborn -- I could inhale him all day long!

Sophia bent down and whispered in Jack's ear, telling him that we were going to give him a little bath:



Sophia was given the job of washing his little head:



And Samantha washed his belly:



And his toes:



They did a wonderful job!



I suspect that Jack's umbilical cord will fall off in the next couple of days.  Once that happens, we will transition him to the baby bath tub and the girls will have even more fun helping with that.  We will also make the bath part of his bedtime routine.  This is something that we did with both of the girls, and they soon learned to associate that ritual with getting ready for bed and having a good night's rest.

Right now, I am working on getting Jack to sleep between 10-11 pm.  With a good feeding, he will sleep for about four hours and then after that, he typically sleeps for about 2.5 - 3 hours before wanting to eat again.  I am grateful for that first initial span of time, as that is when I get most of my rest.  Then, I just catnap for the rest of the night.  It seems to be working out just fine for me ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...