Saturday, June 8, 2013

Jack's First Official Bath

Jack's umbilical cord fell off on Sunday which signified that we could now start doing "real" baths in his tub; we weren't limited to just sponge baths anymore.  I was excited about this because baths have always been a part of our bedtime routine with our kids, and I strongly believe that this has helped us to develop good sleeping habits with them.

After the girls were in bed on Sunday night, I got out all of the supplies and prepared Jack's bath for him.  As he gets older, I will slowly start to move his bath-time up, and eventually he will be going to bed BEFORE the girls.  For now, I am giving him a bath around 9 pm (the girls are in bed by 8 pm), then putting him in his pajamas, nursing him, rocking him and getting him to bed between 10:30 and 11:00 pm.  This affords me (usually) about 3-4 hours of sleep before he is ready for another feeding.

Getting undressed before his bath:



Getting used to the water:



I am a HUGE fan of the lavender-scented bath wash and lotion for babies.  My girls continue to use it on a daily basis, and I really think that the smell is soothing and calming ... especially right before bedtime.



Yes, he was definitely pretty relaxed in the tub.



All fresh and clean:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...