Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A Picnic at the Park

I surprised the girls today with a picnic lunch down at the park.  It was sort-of an impromptu thing; the girls were getting antsy (meaning that they were picking fights with one another) and we needed a reason to just plain get out of the house.  I really don't care for the extremely hot and humid weather, but knew that we could find a shady spot at the park to eat.  It would be a win-win situation for everyone.

 
 
After lunch, Jack and I continued to sit in the shade while the girls were off and running to play on the playground. 
 
 
 
Frankly, I am sure that they burned off every single calorie that they consumed from lunch, but it also meant that they would be nice and tired by the time that we headed back home for naps.
 



This girl's arm strength never ceases to amaze me:






It turns out that there was some miscommunication between myself and a certain 2-year-old on how far she could go into the water.  I had explained, in great detail, that we did not have our bathing suits on and that I was not going to be "playing lifeguard" from all the way across the park (in my nicely shaded area). 

Alas, the temptation was too great. 

So, I managed to come over and monitor from a closer perspective until both of the girls were able to get cooled off and get the water out of their system.





It was such a nice time for all of us.  The breeze was greatly appreciated and the girls came back home to take wonderful naps (Jack fell asleep in the fresh air at the park). 

This is exactly what I had envisioned for my family when we first moved into this house.  I wanted to be able to go down to the park/beach whenever we wanted to (either with or without a plan) and make memories.  I wanted to pack picnic lunches and enjoy the beautiful landscaping and fresh air.  And that is just what we are doing ...








No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...