Saturday, July 27, 2013

Weekend Randoms


Monkey see, monkey do.  Sophia is never far behind her big sister, attempting to do everything that she does.



********************

Giving my van a much-needed car wash on a very hot day:



********************

Making star-shaped cookies for the 4th of July:



(This turned out to be an even more entertaining activity than I thought.  Long after the cookies were baked, the girls continued to play with the left-over dough until I finally had to inform them that we needed to clean up).

********************

Whenever we go somewhere, the girls are so good about holding hands in the parking lot and sticking together.  They understand the safety rules and know that they need to stay close by me and Jack at all times.



********************

Grammy came for a visit one day and brought her "craft bag" with her.  Inside the bag were all kinds of things that the girls typically use when they are at her house to make projects.  They had a blast! 



********************

I try to take my shower every morning before the kids get up.  Most days, I am successful, but depending on the kind of night that Jack has had, that's not always possible.  On those days, the kids are content watching a quick television program while I have 15 minutes all to myself!


(Note the uniforms of choice for the girls early in the morning: Sophia is sporting Samantha's old doctor's jacket, complete with the "Dr. Samantha" name tag, while Samantha is wearing an oldie-but- goodie ballerina outfit from Aunt Chris).

********************

Sophia is never lacking for personality.  She has a different face for every occasion and there is never a dull moment in this house with her.  She cracks me up!



********************

We needed to run over to Uncle Dennis and Aunt Deb's house to return a saw that Steve had borrowed.  It was a quick visit, but the girls were excited because Cousin Amberlee gave them some beads to bring home in order to string together to make necklaces and bracelets.  They set right to work the next morning ...


(The toolboxes were something that Steve had ordered online for the girls.  They had just arrived the previous afternoon and I put them together for them.  One of our next projects is to decorate the boxes with their names and stickers.)

********************

This is how a lot of my days look; my three favorite little people all together in the same room.




********************

Sophia loves to help me water the plants, which has been a full-time job this last week because the extremely hot days (in the 90s).


********************

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...