Sunday, September 22, 2013

Samantha's First Day of Tap Class

Samantha started dance class again this year, but instead of doing the "Baby Stars" class, I signed her up for tap dancing.  She has known for a couple of months now that she would be taking tap lessons and her excitement has been through the roof!  She has even been "practicing" around the house for a few weeks!


 
Samantha's tap class is on Thursday nights from 5:45 - 6:30 pm.  I purposely chose this night of the week (there were two options available) because it wouldn't interfere with my teaching schedule.  Last week, it worked out well -- I was able to take her and Steve stayed home with Sophia and Jack.  I suspect that this will be the usual routine and I am happy about that.  I really enjoy being able to watch her dance and it gives me a full 45 minutes of time to do whatever I would like (read, catch up with emails, grade, work on my answer key for exams, etc).
 
Once we get home, it is time to begin the nightly routine in our household -- baths/showers, pajamas, books and bedtime.  We also lay out our clothes for the next day and make sure that Samantha's is book bag is packed for school.  Teamwork is essential ...
 


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...