Friday, March 14, 2014

Min's Baby Shower

I had the pleasure of hosting my little sister's baby shower at my house this last weekend.  As soon as she announced that she was pregnant (around Thanksgiving last year), I told her that I would be planning/hosting her shower.  I love doing parties and this one was very special for me.

Her and her husband have chosen to be surprised on the gender of the baby (which is due the end of May).  Her nursery bedding and color scheme are yellow and gray chevron with elephants, so I wanted to incorporate that into the shower invitations/thank you notes/decorations, etc.  In the end, I am pretty pleased with how everything turned out.

My girls helped me make a diaper cake for her.  We spent an entire morning rolling diapers and then I arranged them into a four-tier design and wrapped it with gray chevron ribbon.  I attached an elephant pacifier to the top that she can use for the baby (if her baby likes pacifiers -- none of my kids cared for them).



The dessert table:



It has become a tradition for the last several parties that I decorate the picture that hangs in that part of my dining room.  My mom helped me and we used various odds and ends and created a cute, color-coordinated backdrop.

Aunt Chris graciously offered to make the cheesecakes and her famous chocolate covered pretzels and candy (keeping with the yellow theme).  I made mini cupcakes and decorated them with yellow frosting and a little edible, silver chocolate candy.



The tables were covered with other goodies -- lemon bars, peanuts (elephants love peanuts!), chocolate-covered raisins, animal cracker dip and lemon drop candies.


The mantle was decorated with an adorable elephant lovey blanket for the baby that I found online -- so soft and so cuddly, along with some beautiful bows crafted by my mom and a sonogram picture of the baby.



I am obsessed with making these hanging tissue pom-poms.  They are so easy (and so cheap) to make.  I have promised myself to hold off on them for a while though ... Not every party needs pom poms!


My sister suggested a baked potato bar and I thought that it was a fabulous idea!  I baked the potatoes in the oven and then set up various toppings for them.  We also had salad and fruit.  Just the perfect little meal for a group of ladies!




(I printed the labels on my printer and my mom helped me embellish them with these little punched-out elephants).

The gifts for one loved little baby:





I found this incredible little handmade caddy basket online and used it to hold the party favors for the guests.  Afterwards, Min was able to take it home so that she can use it in her nursery.  The inside is even gray chevron material!


 
Sophia assigned herself the task of passing out the tins of mints to all of the guests!



Another print that I printed from my computer and framed for the nursery.



My sister with my "babies:"



She received so many nice gifts and my girls were happy to help her with the unwrapping, of course.  I can't wait to meet my new little niece or nephew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...