Thursday, March 20, 2014

Samantha's Spring Play

On Friday night, we went as a family to see Sam perform in her Spring Play at school.  The kids had been practicing for two weeks -- lots of songs with the cutest little cat costumes.  It was all that I heard about for the whole last week ... where I was to drop her off, what time we had to be there, what she was to wear, and how she was going to get her face painted.

I have to admit that my patience did run a little thin during dinner the night of the event.  I finally had to (very sternly) inform her that I was aware of the schedule and that there was no way that we were going to miss anything.  She was SO excited!

Steve and I decided that it would be best to take two vehicles.  He would take her to school and arrive at 6:30 pm.  I would follow later with Sophia and Jack, arriving just a few minutes before 7.  Steve saved us some seats and that way the little kids (Sophia and Jack did not get too antsy).  Looking back, this was a good plan because we ended up not getting home until 9 pm -- way past their bedtimes!



The Spring Play that was performed was called "The Villan of Venice."  It had an Italian background, obviously ...  And I was amazed at the number of songs that Sam had memorized for the production.  She did so well!

My little cat with her Italian moustache:



Posing for Momma:



Jack did great.  He got a little antsy in the last 10 minutes (having sat in his car seat and then on our laps for an hour and a half).  Steve took him to the back of the auditorium and the change in scenery did wonders for him. 

It was a wonderful night to spend as a family and I am so glad that we were able to partake.  Great job, Samantha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...