Friday, April 25, 2014

Easter 2014

On Easter Eve, the girls set out the Easter baskets and a couple of carrots in anticipation for the Easter Bunny's arrival later that night. 


(I found the Easter baskets for the girls a couple of years ago and I had no hope whatsoever in finding a similar one for Jack after so many years.  Imagine my surprise when I found one -- with blue on it -- this year at Target.  My only "mom failure" was that I forgot to get some blue grass for it at the same time.  When I realized that I had no Easter grass for it {Easter Eve afternoon}, I went to three stores searching for blue Easter grass.  All of the stores were sold out at that late date, of course.  So, I just had to put some of Samantha's green grass in there this year.  Note to Momma: Buy blue Easter grass in a timely manner for Jack's Easter basket next year).

The Easter Bunny came to our house!



And he enjoyed a nice little snack:



The girls were thrilled, as usual:



Jack got to sit on the floor and take his Easter items out of his basket, one-by-one ...



Jack took his role seriously ... each item was removed and carefully placed on the floor:



Almost emptied out:



Jack's new book:



I am pretty sure that this pen (with a fan on it) is Sam's most treasured possession from the holiday season:



And, by far, Sophia's favorite item is her magnifying glass:

 
 
The Easter Bunny hid eggs around the house and the girls were SO GOOD at finding them this year.  Sam even commented that the Easter Bunny needed to hide them a little better!  We reminded her that Sophia can't find the eggs as easily as her and that the Bunny needed to make sure that Sophia had a fair chance in finding some.
 



Hunting in the same spot:



A basketful of eggs:



Almost caught up to her sister with the amount of eggs in her basket:



After their baskets were full, the girls set to work organizing their eggs (Jack was still busy playing with his new toys):



We gave each of the girls two bags so that they could sort their coins and candy that they scored from the egg hunt:



Sophia was a little slower at this task, but insisted on opening each and every egg herself:


 
 
********************
 

Easter turned out to be a really nice day in terms of the weather, so I used the opportunity to take a few pictures of the kids outside.
 
Jack's First Easter:

 
 

Samantha, almost 5 1/2 years old:
 


Sophia, 3 years old:



These two love each other so much:



All of my babies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...