Saturday, July 12, 2014

Summer Sidewalk Chalk

One night after running through the sprinkler and playing in The Hippo Pool, I moved the kids into the driveway so that we could make some chalk drawings.  Our chalk collection is starting to dwindle after lots and lots of masterpieces have been created over the last couple of months. 

Note to self: I will need to stock-up on sidewalk chalk at the end of summer to prepare for next year.

I have looked at this picture of Samantha no less than 20 times this morning, wondering where my little girl went.  Everything is getting so long on her -- her arms, her legs, her hair.  She is growing up right before my eyes.



Even Sophia is getting taller.  It's hard to imagine that she will be turning 3 1/2  next month and starting preschool in September.  Sometimes I need time to just slow down so that I can catch up.



And this little man with the pudgy rolls of cuteness is changing so much every day, as well.  He barely sits still long enough for me to snap a picture these days ... crawling and pulling up onto everything.  Here, he was mimicking his older sisters with the chalk.



Within just a few short moments, he decided that he liked sorting the chalk a little bit better; moving a piece from the driveway to the bucket and then starting all over again.



The "Concerned Citizen" look ...



Most likely, he caught sight of his older sisters doing something that he had an interest in and was just planning his next move.  His range of expressions just make me laugh these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...