Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Gone Fishin'

On a whim, one night after dinner, we headed down to the park with a couple of fishing poles.  The girls were excited to try and catch some fish and I had high hopes of keeping Jack entertained in the in interim.  It turned out that Jack and I were not able to stay too long -- a narrow dock above the lake and a little boy that wants to constantly explore (on his knees) is not a good combination. 

I was able to snap a few quick pictures before Jack and I headed back home for some more "confined" playing.  I wish that I was able to take a few *better* pictures (read: without a heavy toddler writhing around in my arms), but that is just the season of life that I am in right now ...

Getting the worm on the hook:


 
 
Within about 5 milliseconds (maybe a couple more), Sam had already caught a little blue gill.  Sophia didn't even have her pole ready with bait!
 




It took a little coaxing, but Samantha finally agreed to hold her prized catch:



And then, just like that, Sophia had caught one too! 



Yes, the fish were biting like crazy that night; and I'm glad about that.  It made for two happy little girls (after they got over the initial spat because Sophia had caught a bigger fish!).

1 comment:

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...