Monday, September 1, 2014

Meet the Teachers

As it turned out, both Sophia and Samantha had their "Meet the Teacher(s)" day scheduled on Wednesday this last week.  Sophia was dropped off at the Teddy Bear Den, the same preschool that Sam attended two years ago, from 10:00-11:30 am so that she could familiarize herself with the classroom and her new "friends."  She was SO excited about this special day -- no nervousness whatsoever.  She already knew what to expect because she would go with me every day that I dropped Sam off and picked her up.

At 11:30 am, she was beaming from ear to ear, showing me what she had worked on and her special name tag that she got to wear with her name on it.



********************

Samantha's "Meet the Teacher" event was scheduled from 6:00-7:30 pm.  Unfortunately, I was teaching (I just started back to work this last week), so I was not able to attend.  Steve worked it out with one of our neighbor girls so that he could just take Sam. 

I got to hear all about it when I got home, and Steve was thoughtful enough to take a few pictures for me!

Outside the elementary school:



Standing outside the classroom where she will be hanging her coat and bookbag:



Finding her name on the bulletin board inside the classroom:



Sitting at her desk:



I am excited about all of the learning that both of my girls are going to be doing this year.  It's going to be a somewhat hectic schedule for pick-ups and drop-offs, with dance classes thrown in a couple nights a week.  But it's going to be fun!  I can't wait ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...