Thursday, September 11, 2014

Sophia's First Day of School -- Preschool

Sophia's first day of school was the 8th of September -- her preschool opts to start the first full week after Labor Day.  I was kind of happy about this because it gave me a chance to get used to Samantha's routine, before adding in another drop-off in the mornings.


Showing off her ladybug book-bag, one that she has had for a year and a half now ... just waiting for her first day of school.



She wanted to pose with Sam too -- I just love the look on her face, as she is looking over at her sister ... just full of excitement because she finally gets to go to school.



Taking a picture outside her school:



Sophia began playing with some of the toys as soon as we arrived.  She is very familiar with the school because she went with me every time I dropped off/picked up Sam two years ago.  And now Jack will be doing the same thing ...



Yes, she just felt right at home.  She barely even said good-bye to me!  Ha!


Overall, she had a great first day of learning.  My only regret was that I was not informed that they changed the pick-up time for the morning session.  Her class is done at 11 am (rather than 11:30 am, like it used to be for Sam's class).  So, when Jack and I arrived at 11:26 am to pick her up, she started saying, "What take you so long, Momma?  Why you not here so early?" 

By the time that we arrived home, she was fine with the fact that I was a bit late getting there to pick her up.  In fact, she was more interested in telling me about her snack that she had at school that day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...