Thursday, October 16, 2014

Visiting Week at the Dance Studio

This week is "Visiting Week" at the dance studio.  This is something that happens three times a year where families are invited to come and watch their dancer and see all that they learned so far.  I enjoy going to every single one of these events because I love seeing the progress from one visitation to another. 

We went as a family to Sophia's class on Monday night.  For the 45-minute class, Sam and I got to sit and watch Sophia in the dance room, while Steve and Jack stayed in the waiting room and watched from the doorway.  In doing so, Jack was kept a little more entertained and did not feel the need to walk/run through the middle of the class.  (I have to say that he did even better than I expected!).

Some of the pictures are a little blurry, as I was trying to zoom in with my camera from across the room.  Either way, it is evident that Sophia was proud to have us there ...

Doing some stretches:



Working on her splits:



At one point, the dancers got to ask someone from their family to come out and dance with them.  Sophia came over to us -- with the widest smile on her face -- and asked Sam to dance with her.  It absolutely melted my heart!



Practicing following directions:



Backwards somersaults!



Patiently waiting her turn on the gymnastics mat ... Look at how happy she was!



Sophia's "bridge" was perfect!



And then this little man came strolling through ... He was so careful not to step on the mats and just kept making laps back and forth across the room, from Steve to me ... and then back again.  There were so many people there that it didn't even matter.



Look at that "head-to-toe."  Her flexibility is amazing!

 
 
 
********************
 
Samantha's visitation night is tonight and we are going to go as a family again (Steve will meet the kids and me up there as soon as he gets home from work).  Because Sam has two classes, back-to-back, Jack will likely head home with Steve for the second one.  Frankly, it will just be too long for him to be up there.  Given a choice, I suspect that Sophia will want to stay with me and watch Samantha do her ballet class.  I can't wait to see my little tap dancer/ballerina!
 
 
Edited to add ...
 
My tap dancer in motion:
 


Practicing her "high fifth" position with her arms:



Arasbesque position:

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...