Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Samantha is 6 Years Old Today!

Samantha turned six years old today -- six!  It seems like she has been "five and a half" for so long, and now she is officially six.  She has been counting down the days because, with this birthday, we decided that she could have a "friend party" in addition to the regular family party that we have every year.  The invitations were passed out to the girls in her class two weeks ago, and we have been putting together all of the details this week in preparation for the "friend party" this Saturday and the family party on Sunday.  It will definitely be a full week of celebration!

This morning, we started the day off with the traditional cinnamon rolls (with a candle) for breakfast.



Sophia and I sang happy birthday to her after she opened her birthday card from Steve and me.



Then, after getting both Sophia and Sam ready for school, I loaded up the van with Samantha's birthday treat for all of her friends at school -- dirt cupcakes.  (Sophia helped bake the cupcakes yesterday and then Steve and I put them together late last night, after I got home from work.  Sam was so pleased to see them when she woke up this morning!).




When we pulled up to the school, the board out front announced "Happy Birthday to Samantha Lapinski."  Sam had been waiting to see that ever since school started this Fall.



After Sam arrived home from school this afternoon, I had her gifts ready for her to open.  She opted to open her cards that she received in the mail in addition to my gift and the one from Sophia.  She wanted to wait and open her gift from Steve and Jack later that night (when I was at work).

The birthday girl:



Sophia was just as excited as Sam:



I got Sam a super-soft fleece suit that she has declared that she will be wearing to school tomorrow!



Holding up the card that Sophia made for her -- I drew the cake and candle and Sophia colored it.  I was so surprised at how well Sophia managed to color inside the lines!



When Steve arrived home from work, just as I was packing up to leave and go teach, he surprised each of the girls with a pair of earmuffs.  I guess that they were a huge hit because the Sam opted to wear them ALL NIGHT LONG.  In fact, she wore them while playing Jenga (the gift that Steve had chosen for Sam) ...



... And then ... when I checked on the girls before I went to bed, I found Sam wearing hers in bed ... fast asleep!



Happy birthday, Samantha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...