Thursday, February 25, 2016

Life Lately ... James.

Lately, our life has been about James (or Jimmy, we use both names for him).

We have settled into what I refer to as our "new normal."  That is, adapting to early morning drop-offs for school, lunch-time pick-ups for Sophia, dance classes for both girls and any other activities in between.  We also celebrated Sophia's 5th birthday last weekend with a "friend party" on Saturday and a "family party" on Sunday.

The older kids absolutely LOVE their new sibling -- not a moment of jealousy or frustration when I am occupied with feeding him.  They adore looking at him, holding him and even checking his diaper to see if he needs to be changed ("Mom ...!  Jimmy's diaper has a blue line on it!  He's wet!"). 

Without further ado ... our life lately:

After bath snuggles:



I just love the way Samantha looks at him:


Jack enjoys sharing his toys with his little brother; I often find many stuffed animals in his bed at any given time of the day.



The first thing that Samantha asks when she arrives home from school is if she can hold James.



And Jack relishes his mornings home with just me and "the boys."



Jimmy's first bath -- a sponge bath in the kitchen, with all of the kids looking on:



His umbilical cord fell off when he was exactly 2 weeks old, but we are continuing with sponge baths for the time-being.  So much easier (and quicker) and this momma enjoys that in the evening when she is feeling a bit tired.



Like all of my little babies, James like to sleep with his hands up by his head:



James isn't really a big fan of his pacifier (none of my kids ever were), but we try once in a while to see if it soothes him for a bit:



James met his namesake (my dad) for the first time when he was 4 days old.  My dad was so proud of him.



Jack is never too far away from his little brother at any given time.  I just love the tenderness that he has for him.  I hope that they become the very best of friends.



I asked Steve to hold onto James for a little bit one night while I prepared for his sponge bath.  Within minutes, I came back into the room to find this ... Be still my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...