Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Samantha and Sophia's First Day of School

The girls started school before Labor Day this year (August 25th) and it was a bit of an adjustment for me.  I am used to them starting AFTER I go back to teaching, giving me some time to settle into a routine and make sure that we have all of their book bags / school supplies / school clothes / shoes / dance items all in order.

Luckily, I ordered their book bags a couple of months ago and had already taken them shopping for a few things (supplies and clothes) earlier in the month of August.  Plus, it is always so hot for the first few weeks of school -- especially in their classrooms -- that they end up wearing a lot of summer clothes that they already have in their drawers.

All ready for school:



A behind the scenes photo of me adjusting Sam's book bag for her, while Sophia anxiously waits for Sam to join her on the front porch:



Almost ready to leave:



As is our annual tradition, both Steve and I took the girls to school on their first morning.  It was wet and rainy, but the drop-offs went pretty smoothly.  Steve took Sophia into her school to help her with her book bag, lunch, locker, etc., while I left with the van and took Samantha to her school.  The boys and I walked her in and made sure that she was situated before we drove back to Sophia's school to pick up Steve.

While I was at the elementary school with Sam, Steve sent me this picture of Sophia:



During the boys' naptime that day, I set up a little surprise for the girls that they could have once they arrived home -- some blueberry muffins, a smoothie, some scented play-doh and some scented dry erase markers.



So excited to be home!  (This is Sophia's first year riding the bus and she seems to LOVE it!)



Later that week, I also surprised the girls with some pencil cookies.  I had seen the idea online and decided to adapt it a bit.  They were a hit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...