Saturday, October 29, 2016

Jack's Field Trip

Jack went on his first official school field trip this week.  His preschool class went to Andy T's for a hayride,  a pumpkin, a gourd, an ear of indian corn and a snack.  Since it was right before Halloween, the kids were invited to wear their costume, or part of it, to the farm.

I opted to have Jack just simply wear his Spider-Man headpiece because I had visions of him tripping in the wet (it had rained the day before!), muddy field while traipsing around for his pumpkin.  With true motherhood intuition, Jack tripped promptly after exiting the wagon and would have completely soiled his costume mere days before the big holiday.  (I rolled my eyes and silently patted myself on the back at that point).

Pausing for a quick picture before boarding the wagon for our hayride:


All ready to go:



It was chilly, but this little boy did great!



Choosing his pumpkin in the field:



So proud of it:



Looking for a good ear of indian corn:



The stalks were pretty well-picked over, but Jack found one and immediately opened it up to show me:



Posing for picture with his Momma:



Snacks inside where it was a little warmer for all of us:



Jack was so excited over this wagon that they had on display as soon as we pulled into the parking lot.  It is identical (but so much bigger!) than his at home!!!



Feeding the goat an ice cream cone with corn inside.  I am still wondering how the goat managed to fit through that fence.  Hmmmm ...



I asked Jack to sit on this pumpkin so that I could take his picture.  He then proceeded to tell me that he couldn't because it was "all wet."  So we compromised.



And then two minutes later, he was over in the sandbox riding around on a bunch of toys that were just as wet as that pumpkin.  Silly boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...