Tuesday, October 4, 2016

James is Eight Months Old


James is 8 months old today and is developing quite the personality.  Every day, he seems less like a baby and more like a growing little boy.  He's longer, leaner and is more alert than ever.  He likes to take in all of his surroundings, often craning his neck to make sure that he doesn't miss a thing.  He smiles for ANYONE, and those two bottom teeth are quite prominent now.  It is only a matter of days before his top two teeth poke through -- you can tell just how swollen it is up there and he is constantly rubbing his gums.  Not to mention, he continues to soak at least six bibs daily with drool (if not more).


The biggest milestone for Jimmy this month is that he is officially sitting on his own.  A couple of weeks ago, I began placing the boppy pillow behind him for a little extra support.  He would do well for a while, but then he would become distracted and fall backwards.  The pillow was great at catching him, especially if I had wandered outside of the room.



Pretty soon, he got the hang of it and I started inching the pillow out farther and farther away from him.



And now?  Look at how happy he is!  It could be the new shoes that he was sporting that day too.  Yes, he got his very first pair of shoes -- at 8 months of age.  My girls had owned no less than about 30 pairs by now! 


Jimmy continues to do so well with his napping/sleeping.  He takes a morning nap and an afternoon nap (with a catnap thrown in right after dinner).  He is in bed by 8 pm at the latest and then sleeps until 7:30 am-8:00 am.  He never wakes up screaming; it is more babbling.

Sometimes, I have to get him up earlier than that because we need to take the kids to school or have an appointment.  If that is the case, Samantha usually begs me to be the one to go and get "her cuteness."

I always hate to wake a sleeping baby.




She is so gentle with him.  I just love the bond that they have.



After dinner one night, I was cleaning the kitchen and left James on the floor in my room.  It was time for his usual catnap, and I figured that I would put him in his crib once I was done with the dishes.  After a while, I didn't hear anything and I walked in my room to find one tired little boy sound asleep on the floor.

Yes, he's a thumb-sucker.



The boys spend quite a bit of time together these days while the girls are in school.  Jack is so kind to James -- never a harsh word or any kind of aggression.  He loves him dearly.

And this picture?  I melt whenever I see it.  Just two brothers with an incredible relationship.



Jack is never too far from his side.



Forever smiling. 


The other fun part of this age right now is the various foods that we are introducing to Jimmy.  I am not really making too many purees for him anymore.  He basically eats whatever we are eating -- pasta, burgers, pizza, taco meat, chicken, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, grilled cheese, etc.  His fruits and vegetables get mashed up a bit for him and he loves yogurt. 

I am able to set him up on the floor or his highchair with some cheerios or puffed cereal and he self-feeds independently.  It is a wonderful thing, especially when I am getting dinner together and/or getting ready for work.



Next month, we will head back to the doctor for his nine-month check-up, and then I will blink twice and the holidays will be here, followed by his first birthday.  It's hard to imagine, but as I pick out 12-month clothes for his LONG body, I am reminded just how fast time is flying for me with my last little baby.  He definitely completes our family and is one loved (and happy) little boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...