Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Mother's Day 2017




My crew and I celebrated Mother's Day this year in what is starting to become a tradition for us.  Steve made us breakfast (pancakes and eggs) and then I opened my cards and gifts.  There were some homemade items that the kids had crafted in school (those are so dear to my heart and are tucked safely away in their memory boxes now), along with some peanut M&Ms (my favorite candy ever!), a bottle of my favorite wine and a gift certificate for a pedicure.  I was truly spoiled!

Then for dinner later that afternoon -- I didn't have to cook -- we went to Relli's in Dewitt.  We met Steve's dad there and had a great meal ...  I had the spaghetti (another favorite of mine) and ended up with leftovers for the next day for lunch.  Another win for me!

The day before, we visited my mom and took her lots of special goodies ... homemade cards and cookies, a potted assortment of succulents (her favorite!), fresh-picked lilacs and a joint gift with my brother -- a bluetooth wireless speaker that she can use in her house to play music.  Growing up, my mom was always playing music and these days, it seems so quiet in there.  We set it up for her and she began using it immediately. 

Fresh-picked lilacs:



Working on his card for Grammy:



The finished product:



He did his own "signature" inside with extra embellishments:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...