Sunday, June 4, 2017

James is Sixteen Months Old


James is sixteen months old today and a complete WALKING MACHINE.  He doesn't crawl anymore; he may sit down for a little breather, but then he will stand back up before moving.  He is constantly in tennis shoes, but he is just as skilled at walking with his bare feet.

This month, we have been battling a rash around his mouth and are unsure exactly what is causing it.
It is not likely a teething rash because he has almost every one of his teeth with the exception of his 2-year molars.  The steroid cream that I use for excema flare-ups with Sam and Jack is not helping, so we will make a trip to the doctor soon to see what can be done.  It doesn't seem to bother him at all, but occasionally it spreads up near his eyes and that scares me a bit.  (Note: it is not anywhere else on his body leading me to believe that it is not a food or laundry soap allergy).

James climbs up on everything now and if he can't reach it, well, he just grabs the stool from the bathroom and brings it over to aid in his task.  I have to be careful not to leave a single item near the edge of the counters now ...



This boy loves the water.  Really, all of the kids do!  He doesn't go too far into the water, but dips his toes in the edge.



 And then when coaxed, he can go deeper in.



One of my favorite views ever.  Watching all of the kids walking back home, pulling Jimmy in the wagon.  This wagon was a purchase that I made last summer and we have gotten SO MUCH USE out of it.  Money well-spent.



These two boys love each other.  I know that I have said it before (a few hundred times). but their relationship is just now starting to take on a new dimension.  James wants to be wherever Jack is ... like sitting next to him on the couch, sharing a snack.




And when Jack is not around, he is the first in line to try and use his toys, both big and small.



The boys take a bath together every night and they love splashing each other and playing with their bath toys.  Jack is kind enough to indulge him and gentle enough never to hurt him.  If Jimmy cries when Jack is around, it is simply to seek attention.

And what is better than a bath?  A rinse in the newly-relocated laundry tub in the garage!



James is still sleeping a strong 12 hours at night (a pm to 8 am) and continues to take a morning nap and an afternoon nap.  He rarely wakes up crying from his naps/bedtime; rather, I find myself going up to get him after a sufficient amount of time.

His vocabulary is still limited, but he takes directives very well.  Dare I say, he might take directives better than Jack does now.  At least he isn't talking back to me!

We go for a check-up next month, so I will be able to report on his weight and height then.  We have been speculating where he matches up to Jack and I think that Jack had him beat in weight, but I am not sure about height ...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...