Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Winter Fun

We've had an unseasonably mild winter so far; in fact, the ice on our lake just now froze to the point where there is no open water.  It was the first weekend where we allowed the kids out on the lake and they spent many hours shoveling snow, clearing a skating rink and just plain running around.  It was cold out, but that didn't stop them.

In the meantime, I found these pictures from our first big snowstorm of the season, way back at the end of November (my mom's birthday, to be exact).  I remember that it was windy and the snow was so wet, but I ran outside to capture a few shots of the kids as they sledded down the hill in the back yard.




I'm not sure if Jimmy remembers snow from last year, but he squealed when he saw it that day.



The trees were so gorgeous in the background, that is almost seems like a "fake" winter scene.  BUt it certainly wasn't.



Everyone was dressed warmly and prepared for the snow that continued to fall all around them.



Sophia's favorite hat -- I hope that it fits her for a long time.



Samantha is looking so tall and grown-up these days.  I need time to slow down a bit.



I think that this little boy will learn to love the outdoors just as much as his older brother.



Speaking of which, those two can fight like no other, but they can also play together well when they want.  Jack begged to let Jimmy ride on the sled with him.  I obliged.



Making it to the bottom of the hill and taking a small rest.



The more, the merrier!


2 comments:

Making Reindeer Food for Christmas Eve

If I were to make a list of holiday traditions, putting together bags of reindeer food would certainly make the list.   A few things about t...